Fri, Apr 08|
Rufus's HDT Throwdown - PITTSBURGH, PA
12-16 hours of sandbag & ruck based workouts, with a mix of heavy weighted movements & team building. Our events will push you physically & mentally as both a team and individual. If you think you have what it takes to finish our event, come out & show us what you got! PRICE INCREASE on 2/8/2022.
Time & Location
Apr 08, 2022, 9:00 PM – Apr 09, 2022, 1:00 PM
Altus Gym, 808 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
About The Event
PRICE INCREASE - $125.00 2/8/2022 and after.
Each event will have a unique mix of both sandbag and ruck based workouts. You can attend with whatever weight that works for you, but keep it hard (minimum 10 lb ruck and 20 lb sandbag) if you are NOT trying to compete for any of the top placements for the Competitive Division. If not competing, you will not have to go through the weigh in process. You are also able to change out weight if needed to finish the event as long as you are at or above the minimum requirements. The start point will be our home base, you can store as much food or water there as you see fit for this event, extra gear/layers, ruck/SB weights, foam rollers, voodoo floss, etc. I will also have my TheraDrill with me for any participants to use. Our goal is to keep you fueled and primed going into each movement, especially those competing. There will be downtime between movements/workouts to roll out, stretch, change gear, use the bathroom, etc. If you want to compete you need to follow the below required weights. If you are unable to continue in the competitive division you can drop out and adjust your weight accordingly to be in the non-competitive division, you will not place at all in the competitive division. IF COMPETING YOU AS THE INDIVIDUAL WILL BE WEIGHED AT THE START WEARING ONLY BASE LAYERS, YOUR RUCK & SANDBAG WILL BE WEIGHED AS WELL.
- If over 160 lbs (with base layers) you will be required to have a 60 lb Sandbag and 35 lb dry ruck (all equipment counts as weight minus water and food).
- If under 160 lbs (with base layers) you will be required to have a 40 lb Sandbag and 25 lb dry ruck (all equipment counts as weight minus water and food).
Throughout the event there will be specific points where points can be earned individually and as a team. Team points earned will be distributed to all team members equally. Some examples of how to earn points could be...
- Finish times for workouts
- Rep counts for AMRAPs
- Run Times
- Ruck Times
- Coupon Carry Times
- Team Based movements
At the end of the event we will tally up all the points and see where the rankings place people! If in the top 3 you will be eligible for prizes.
- 1st Place: good-werks Boogie Bag, Rufus's FREE HDT Throwdown Sign up, & FREE HDT Round
- 2nd Place: good-werks MK Pouch + Flat Zip & FREE HDT Round
- 3rd Place: good-werks Stash Sack + Simple Sleeve & $30 store credit
Also, those 3 will be invited to the 2023 24 Hr. Rufus's Ultimate HDT Throwdown event where we will have up to $4000 in winnings to go to the Top 3.
- ID that matches Sign Up Name
- Ruck w/ weight
- Sandbag (filled)
- 3L of water minimum in Ruck (bring all the jugs you'd like though)
- Spare batteries for Headlamp
- Food (you'll be able to eat as much as you'd like to carry or stash at the start point)
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://fb.me/e/OYs272jL
Rufus' HDT Throwdown - PIT
A single admission to the PITTSBURGH, PA Rufus' HDT Throwdown Event