Sat, Sep 16|
Rufus's HDT Battle Buddy Throwdown - DALLAS, TX
24-28 hours of sandbag & ruck based workouts, with a mix of heavy weighted movements & team building as 2-6 person teams (your team of 2 may merge to form larger teams for some events). Our events will push you physically & mentally as both a team and individual. MAX 15 teams per event.
Time & Location
Sep 16, 12:00 AM – Sep 17, 4:00 AM
CrossFit Heat, 810 South Saint Paul St, Dallas, TX 75201, USA
About The Event
If we do not hit the number of sign ups for this event to be a go you will receive a full refund for this event. We have a max of 10 Competitive Division Teams & 5 Non-competitive Division Teams. You are signing up as an individual and will inform us of who your partner will be after they have signed up as well.
Each event will have a unique mix of both sandbag and ruck based workouts that you and your partner will take on. You can attend with whatever weight that works for you, but keep it hard (minimum 10 lb ruck and 20 lb sandbag) if you are NOT trying to compete for any of the top placements for the Competitive Division. If not competing, you will not have to go through the weigh in process. You are also able to change out weight if needed to finish the event as long as you are at or above the minimum requirements. The start point will be our home base, you can store as much food or water there as you see fit for this event, extra gear/layers, ruck/SB weights, foam rollers, voodoo floss, etc. I will also have my TheraDrill with me for any participants to use. Our goal is to keep you fueled and primed going into each movement, especially those competing. There will be downtime between movements/workouts to roll out, stretch, change gear, use the bathroom, etc. If you want to compete your team needs to follow the below required weights. If your team is unable to continue in the competitive division you can drop out and adjust your weight accordingly to be in the non-competitive division, you will not place at all in the competitive division. IF COMPETING YOU AS THE INDIVIDUAL WILL BE WEIGHED AT THE START WEARING ONLY BASE LAYERS, YOUR RUCK & SANDBAG WILL BE WEIGHED AS WELL.
- If over 160 lbs (with base layers) you will be required to have a 60 lb Sandbag and 35 lb dry ruck (all equipment counts as weight minus water and food).
- If under 160 lbs (with base layers) you will be required to have a 40 lb Sandbag and 25 lb dry ruck (all equipment counts as weight minus water and food).
Throughout the event there will be specific points where points can be earned as a team of 2 and as larger integrated teams. Integrated Team points earned will be distributed to all teams equally. Some examples of how to earn points could be...
- Finish times for workouts
- Rep counts for AMRAPs
- Run Times
- Ruck Times
- Coupon Carry Times
- Integrated Team Based movements
At the end of the event we will tally up all the points and see where the rankings place teams! If in the top 3 your team will be eligible for prizes.
- 1st Place: good-werks Boogie Bags, Rufus's FREE HDT Throwdown Sign ups, & FREE HDT Rounds
- 2nd Place: good-werks MK Pouchs + Flat Zips & FREE HDT Rounds
- 3rd Place: good-werks Stash Sacks + Simple Sleeves & $30 store credits
Also, those 3 teams will be invited to the 2024 24 Hr. Rufus's Ultimate HDT Throwdown event where we will have up to $5000 in winnings to go to the Top 3.
- ID that matches Sign Up Name
- Ruck w/ weight
- Sandbag (filled)
- 3L of water minimum in Ruck (bring all the jugs you'd like though)
- Spare batteries for Headlamp
- Food (you'll be able to eat as much as you'd like to carry or stash at the start point)
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://fb.me/e/2zbuetijK
A single admission to the Battle Buddy Throwdown, 1 of 2 Competitive team spots. Please let us know who your teammate is once they have signed up.
A single admission to the Battle Buddy Throwdown, 1 of 2 Non-competitive team spots. Please let us know who your teammate is once they have signed up.